“Our survey clearly shows the majority of property managers are staying on top of cleaning issues during the pandemic”
A recent survey conducted amongst property managers on cleaning costs, plans and communications found that:
75 per cent (or three-quarters) of those surveyed said that they have a detailed written plan for cleaning during the pandemic.
Two-thirds of property managers said that the pandemic is taking some time out of their day, but that it is essentially manageable.
Around 50 per cent of those surveyed said that their cleaning costs had gone down by around 25 per cent or more. This is reflective of lower occupancy rates over the last six months.
Around 70 per cent of respondents said that they expect cleaning costs to go back to pre-pandemic levels once a “new normal” is established. The other 30 per cent said that they think cleaning costs will increase significantly (10 per cent or more).
99 per cent of property managers surveyed said that they are effectively communicating the steps they’re taking with their building cleaners as well as employees, tenants, visitors, etc.
One slightly worrying trend that the survey brought to light is that 75 per cent of respondents said that they do not test the quality of touchpoint cleaning to ensure that it is being done properly.
The survey was conducted by DCS Global, an international custodial advisory company. DCS surveyed around 200 managers in October to understand the state of cleaning costs, plans and communications.
Randy Burke, president and CEO of DCS said:
“Our survey clearly shows the majority of property managers are staying on top of cleaning issues during the pandemic. Approximately three-quarters of respondents have detailed written pandemic cleaning plans in place, and almost all are communicating their cleaning efforts to employees, tenants and visitors. My biggest concerns from the responses are the relative lack of hygiene testing and the potential for significant cleaning cost increases next year.”